PART TIME EVENT MANAGER
Responsible for assisting the Director of the Fort Worth Community Arts Center in the marketing, selling, scheduling, contracting, set-up and coordinating events located within the Fort Worth Community Arts Center.
- Schedule and manage ushers and event services staff.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
· Must work irregular day and evening hours as required.
· Provide outstanding customer service to clients, the public, and colleagues
· Assist in the coordination of contracted events at the FWCAC including but not limited to performances, special events, classes, and meetings.
· May supervise part-time assistants, volunteers, and contractors
· Explains policies and procedures for use of FWCAC to clients and the general public.
· May act as initial contact to potential and contracted clients.
· Ensure that set up of tables, chairs, stages, sound equipment, decorations or other equipment is in accordance with lease requirements
· May open and secure facilities before and after events.
· Train ushers and clients as needed on safety and evacuation procedures.
· Perform related duties as assigned.
· Complete event reports at the end of each event and send to managers.
· Other duties as assigned
- Monitor all event activities at the Arts Center and report back to the Director.
- Work with client to determine event requirements, including setup, staffing, and other requests made by the client.
- Oversee client vendors to provide clients with optimum service level.
- Ensure that visitors with special needs or access requirements are catered to appropriately.
- Must be able to function independently on projects as assigned.
- Assist with logistics, including calendars, space management, and administrative support for all Arts Center events.
- Must be able to clearly and effectively communicate with all department heads regarding all aspects of Arts Center events.
- Work with outside vendors to ensure proper coordination of event support services.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, decrease turnaround times, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service.
- To develop relationships with catering and beverage suppliers, finding new and innovative ways of working with external suppliers.
- Attend weekly staff meetings.
Likely candidates can demonstrate proof of the following:
- Must be able to work nights and weekends.
- Minimum high school diploma or equivalent
- Must be able to lift 25lbs.
- Proficient in Word, Excel, and Outlook, Event Management software.
- Organized, with excellent skills in prioritizing and time-management.
- Ability to work and interact well with individuals from various backgrounds in a culturally diverse, fast-paced, team-oriented environment.
- Strong detail orientation.
- Ability to effectively multitask under pressure in a fast-paced customer-focused environment.
- Self-starter with ability to work effectively under little or no direct supervision.
The Arts Council of Fort Worth and the Fort Worth Community Arts Center afford equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, religion, age, disability status or sexual orientation.